Økonomidebatten.dk
Vil du reagere på denne meddelelse? Tilmeld dig forummet med et par klik eller log ind for at fortsætte.

Jake Broe: Kommentator.

Go down

Jake Broe: Kommentator. Empty Jake Broe: Kommentator.

Indlæg af Thomas Fre Sep 15, 2023 5:30 am

Generelt anbefalelsesværdig!

Jeg tillader mig at citere mine kommentarer:

There is a lot to unpack here:

First of all: The attack on Sevastopol reminds me of the attack on Pearl Harbor - where the ukrainians have corrected some of the mistakes the japanese made. a) They send in manned aircraft - having massive losses. Ukraine send in cheap drones to saturate the air defence - making the russians use their expensive SAM's on basically garbage trucks and give away their position. Which is how we know where the HARMS came in.
Furthermore what the japanese did not do: They destroyed the technical facilities that can't be moved - and thus pleased everybody but the russians. The japanese sank a lot of ships; but most of them could be repaired and later participate in the defence of the landing force.
If I am not mistaken the ukrainians have put the Danish Harpoons on the conquered oil rigs - ok, the russian might destroy them; but at what cost?
It is a step tp make the russian Black Sea Fleet cease to exist - which will be wellcomed by the entire world. Especially the US Navy.

a) A Submarine with a large hole in it is just a rock, as a submarine pr. definition does not have a lot of boyancy. F.i. you can't counterflod - that will only make the boat sink faster.
b) The superstructure of the landing ship is aluminium - to keep the center of gravity low. Which is a good idea; but using aluminium as armour has the drawback, that if you can get the temperature high enough - aluminium starts to burn - and if you introduce iron filings into the mixture (which is how you weld railroad tracks) you have a conflagration that cannot be put out as the mixture has its inbuild oxidation - you have to leave it to burn itself out.

Ben Hodges was about one of the best commanders Nato has had - simply because he made the exercise Dragoon Ride 2016. This exercise demonstrated the areas where the European allies had to work on - which was mainly to start cooperating better - especially administratively. The general that puts the house in order before the fighting starts is in my view a military commander better than the one that wins the battle. Ben Hodges is up there with Niels Iuel.
Now Denmark is designing a class of (presumeably corvettes) ships - is smaller than frigates. They have the same firepower, but not the endurance and are generally under a land based direct tactical control. Lets see if we can build a class that is affordable and can become standard in the Baltic and Mediterainean Seas. They will have extensive air defence and defend against drones and aircraft - not only the ports; but form a missile belt along the Baltic coast. Just my conjecture. The project is financed by a pension fund.

I think Elon Musk is going to regret his connection to Vladimir Putin. I mean those close to Putin have a tendency to fall out of windows. Elon Musk will loose all his money. Most probably his life.

The point about Putin and his porky North Korean buddy is going to be interesting. As none of them have the slightest idea of monetary policy there is preprogrammed a serious falling out over money - or rather:
How many barrels of oil is an expired North Korean artillery shell going to cost??? Neither side has any currency and they can't use Euro nor USDollar. So there will indubitably be a lot of interesting and bitter conversations.
Thomas
Thomas

Antal indlæg : 34067

Tilbage til toppen Go down

Tilbage til toppen

- Lignende emner

Forumtilladelser:
Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum