Økonomidebatten.dk
Vil du reagere på denne meddelelse? Tilmeld dig forummet med et par klik eller log ind for at fortsætte.

Anders Puck Nielsen

Go down

Anders Puck Nielsen Empty Anders Puck Nielsen

Indlæg af Thomas Ons Sep 06, 2023 3:27 am

Mine kommentarer andet steds:

Hmmm ..... I am with Anders on this one, but then he is a navel officer. Danish Army officers are navel as well - in the sense that they spend a career picking lint out of their belly button.

Anders is right that the best way to bury the truth is setting up an interdepatemental investigation with participants from all government agencies - including a delegation from the supreme court and the local water board in rural areas - that with special focus on the enviromental consequences and the protection of endangered species of insects. They will never reach a conclusion - or if they end up producing a report it will be in 5 volumes - albeit with a 10 page summary to ensure that NOBODY reads the report. As a former civil servant, I have seen that bullshit time and again. The relevant information in the report is found plainly stated on page 482 last paragraf in the footnote - in volume 3. And as the population is the product of primary school education -- they are illiterate - like the teachers........

Anders has (presumeably) a very different agenda here:
The majority of Nato countries are in the process of rearming. The peace dividend did hurt the procurement, but the basic question is what are the capabilities of the opponent? The intentions are blatantly obvious - even officially proclaimed by Russia (Putin and those who come after him - because we are not going to get a Russia, we can do business with).

This means we have to clear out the depots of old junk. And there is a lot of that. In the 1980'ies the civil defence had military uniforms from the war in 1864 - so in the event of a disaster or war catastrophy you had SOMETHING to clothe the civilian victims - that not withstanding that Danes on average have grown in hight and girth since the american civil war All ammunition have a use-before-date, as explosives get unstable over time - the selfimmolation of an american battleship as an example. Now over 30 years has passed since any proper restocking, soooo... we are approaching the date for spantaneous combustion. Let the Ukrainians get the stuff before it runs out of time and will have to be destroyed in a safe manner - which is difficult (the destruction of the poison gas of Syria, was a gigantic pain in the butt): The best way is for the Ukrainians to unload the stuff through a gun barrel - where it will hopefully kill a lot of russians.

Some stuff - like 155 mm shells and Gimlars - are likely to stay in the inventory. That stuff needs to be produced on modern mashines - which makes a better and more uniform quality and demands fewer man-hours to produce. Other stuff - like the Piranha III (bought in small number) just takes up space - that will be used for more contemporary designs.

It has officially appeared that the infrastructure project for the F-35 on the airstation Skrydstrup has had significant cost overrun - by significant I mean double up.
Now Denmark is not devoid of corruption; but there is a scale to it - examples include a contractor installing a new bathroom for a mayor. Nothing that can't be dealt with discretely. In a budgetted ½ a billion DKK kickbacks would not be in the order of 1-2% - NOT 100%. That means that the air station is probably being prepared for another type of fighter aircraft in addition to the F-35. This means the F-16 will have to be phased out and donated to Ukraine and replaced with (presumeably) the Typhoon..

Thomas
Thomas

Antal indlæg : 34497

Tilbage til toppen Go down

Tilbage til toppen

- Lignende emner

Forumtilladelser:
Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum