Økonomidebatten.dk
Vil du reagere på denne meddelelse? Tilmeld dig forummet med et par klik eller log ind for at fortsætte.

Finland

Side 3 af 3 Forrige  1, 2, 3

Go down

Finland - Page 3 Empty Minering af Skt. Petersborg.

Indlæg af Thomas Fre Dec 08, 2023 3:41 pm

Thomas skrev:Jeg hører om, at Finland vil have land tilbage fra Rusland.

Jeg har længe gjort opmærksom på muligheden; men det er så bare mig. Nu begynder andre at tænke på det.

Som skrevet andet steds:

Hmmm.... well - I've thought there too. Those waters in the Bay of Finland - between 'Finland and Estonia is one of the most heavily mined in the world. There are mines from 2 world wars - and mines do (from time to time) come loose and drift into shipping lanes. Now the batteries on the mines are long time dead, but when air comes to the explosive it is so unstable that it says KABOOM. Now .... setting off an old mine is comparativelly easy - that is how you demine waters - a scuba diver place a remotely controlled explosive charge - the diver gets up on a dingy, speeds off and KABOOM. As a boy in the 1960'ies I experienced a mine blowing in the Bay of Århus (or Aarhuus, if You are medieval):the window panes in our house rattled about 10 miles away - trust me: We heard it.

Now where would the Fins and their rapid talking neighbours get such a nasty idea? Well, Nato has for 30 + years had a standing mine sweeping force in the Baltic - actually the first place a naval officer of the Baltic countries had a Fleet command. The force has a rotational command. Now that could hit both Sct. Petersburg and Khaleningrad simultaneously - those nasty things do drift occationally into the shipping lane.
If that happens to chinese and russian ships all traffic in the Baltic stops. Total deniability - those ukrainians are devious.
As per usual, the Russians have not thought things through.

There has been some attention to B-52's flying low level over Estonia and around Taiwan. It is not with nukes - not necessary - but MINES (why else would you see a B-52 at low level). They mined Haiphong in Vietnam in the 1960'ies.

As to what there is to do about it? On the lighter muse:
Den eneste gode kommunist, russer, skolelærer, banksvin og bøssedyr - specielt kombinationer heraf - er de DØDE.

Thomas
Thomas

Antal indlæg : 34064

Tilbage til toppen Go down

Finland - Page 3 Empty Finland giver USA adgang til 15 luftbaser

Indlæg af Thomas Søn Mar 31, 2024 8:52 pm

Danmark var kun tre; men til gengæld er Danmark en del lettere at nå ad søvejen.

15 baser giver også en rimelig spredningsmulighed.

Det er så også et spørgsmål tilbageleveringen af det Karelske næs.

Sverrig giver adgang til 17 baser.
Thomas
Thomas

Antal indlæg : 34064

Tilbage til toppen Go down

Side 3 af 3 Forrige  1, 2, 3

Tilbage til toppen

- Lignende emner

Forumtilladelser:
Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum