Økonomidebatten.dk
Vil du reagere på denne meddelelse? Tilmeld dig forummet med et par klik eller log ind for at fortsætte.

Danmark og Ukraine.

Go down

Danmark og Ukraine. Empty Danmark og Ukraine.

Indlæg af Thomas Lør Okt 07, 2023 5:13 pm

Som bemærket andet steds:

Well: The downing of the Su-35 Flanker-E(?) is in all probabality There is only one firmer confirmation - if the Russians denied it. They don't care if repeated caught out in a flagrant lie. They don't even try to make it more believeable.
It is a fact, that the most difficult thing in air-defence is deconflicting between fighters and missiles. That is why the shooting down of a civilian airliner (that understandibly pissed off the Dutch no end) took so long to confirm it was deliberate, as the somewhat dubious competence of the Russian air defence actually made the lie somewhat believeable.

The next point, I would like to make:
No matter what the result of the invasion of Ukraine ends up with, the Russians will not go away - it might take a couple of decades before Russia will be a threat again, but they will be eventually. This means that the Nato allies need to tool up for the next conflict. The question is with what?
Denmark has proceeded so much from the cold war, that an attack on Denmark proper is a consideration, but not the most important. Denmark is to be defended in Estonia and Finland. The tanks are more or less in place with Leopard 2 A7 variant. And we see in practice, that Russia has not been able to come up with something markedly better since the cold war. So we need not keeping the Leopard 1 in reserve - though I think a batallion of the updated would be adviseable. The surplus Ukraine can have - they have to be brought into running order - some of the electronics will have to be changed. A computer from 1990 is hardly useable today - and spares are hard to come by. I fully understand the urgency of Ukraine, but some of them are in their present condition more a liability than help.

Denmark did experience some "difficulty" with transferring the Swiss Piranha III that were surplus (and in passing condition) - The Swiss government is naturally infested with traitors.
If I am right: There was some armtwisting behind the scenes. The MOWAG company is a rather large local employer, so a freindly talk with the supplier might have occurred. You know: If the government do not change attitude we might have to consider cancelling the significant order on Piranha V. But in any case using Denmark as a reference costumer will hardly be adviseable. So what happened: The parliament overturned the governments reservations - not surprising.
That is one of the reasons why I do not take the revised political position of Slovenia that serious. Denmark is in the process of procuring new truck mounted artillery - and I believe the Zuzanna-2 has been ordered. A Slovenian threat to stop the aid to Ukraine would mean that contract could run into problems as well. The pressure is believable, as we have done it before: Denmark donated their CAESARs to Ukriane - as the french were not only "difficult", but also - true to image - arrogant. So: Do not get snotty!.

That is probably the background for the donation of the CAESAR to Ukraine with our limited stockpile of 8.000 grenades. Indubitably Denmark will need A LOT more grenades and probably mainly the more expensive "base bleed" ones, so they can outrange the russian artillery - as the ukrainians are demonstrating to good effect.

As to the F-16? Well, the americans proved "difficult" in the delivery of F-35, sooo.... we ganged up with the Dutch and Noewegeans to get the production schedule into overdrive, The Norwegeans are sensible people - once things are explained to them - and some prominent parlimentarians have Danish/Norwegean ancestry. Danish might be an obscure language, but can be spoken with an unmistakable clarity. The great Norwegean admiral in the (then) Danish-Norwegean Navy was notoriously foul-mouthed. Could infer some astonishing details on your mothers intimacy with farm animals - just by looking at you - plus a few insights into your below-deck private preferences. All that without gasping for air in a minute long tirade.
The Dutch do not take much convincing as they have not only an axe to grind - but an entire saw-mill.
Thomas
Thomas

Antal indlæg : 34066

Tilbage til toppen Go down

Tilbage til toppen

- Lignende emner

Forumtilladelser:
Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum