Økonomidebatten.dk
Vil du reagere på denne meddelelse? Tilmeld dig forummet med et par klik eller log ind for at fortsætte.

Lloyd Austin.

Go down

Lloyd Austin. Empty Lloyd Austin.

Indlæg af Thomas Lør Sep 10, 2022 1:27 pm

Det jeg hæfter mig ved er at man nu inddrager producenterne i konsultationerne.

Der er jo ikke nogen tvivl om, at arsenalerne skal fyldes op med tidssvarende våben og ammunition. Det bliver et spørgsmål om, hvordan man kan producere granater mm. til en pris, som også de allierede kan og vil betale.
Thomas
Thomas

Antal indlæg : 34075

Tilbage til toppen Go down

Lloyd Austin. Empty Droner i Ukraine.

Indlæg af Thomas Fre Apr 12, 2024 12:50 am

Som skrevet andet steds:

Well, let's examine the FPV drones:

1) They eliminate the need for forward observers to correct artillery fire. Forward observers are pr. definition an endangered species. So they cut losses in that way. The other point is that an artillery battery will probably need one shot to see how far off target they are. Given the correction the battery can fire a salvo with 3 rounds pr. gun in under a minute - by juggling with charge and elevation the impact of the salvo of 9 grenades can land simultaneously. That is the main benefit of the CAESAR system. 72 CAESAR means 12 (6 gun batteries) or 24 half batteries. 6 guns in a battery is a saving of 2 guns due to better quality of ammunition.

2) A lot of targets does not warrent an artillery salvo - If an FPV drone can destroy a supply truck with a grenade - why waste an artillery shell? And if the orcs dismount they have that much longer to walk under mashine gun fire - not a healthy proposition. The dramatic increase in other vehicle losses by the orcs seem to indicate that is what is happening.

3) The increasing losses not only of trucks but also of artillery pieces is a combination of the two. The point being: The shell shortage is a temporary embarrassment because a the change in tactics will save shells - in a big way.

4) The strikes of medium drones have already forced the russians to move their forward depots further back and helicopters away.

5) The strikes, while causing some shortage of fuel, has as a primary objective of keeping russian air defence missiles away from Ukraine. We are talking a shaping operation for the use of the F-16 - an extra battery on the other side of the Urals is another battery not doing damage in Ukraine.
So Lloyd Austin can LUMP it! His insight into operational planning is obviously not the greatest.

6) The russians will have to protect targets deep inside Russia with expensive equipment - that they are running short of - not to mention train anti-aircraft artillery - which keeps troops away from the front. Oil prices be damned! I have yet to hear of complaints from the US oil industry that they are getting overpaid???

Ja, jeg kalder den amerikanske forsvarsminister en stupid idiot!
Heldigvis falder Stoltenberg ikke for den afpresning!
Thomas
Thomas

Antal indlæg : 34075

Tilbage til toppen Go down

Tilbage til toppen

- Lignende emner

Forumtilladelser:
Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum